About this course:
The indemnity is both the most negotiated, and least understood clause in IT contracts. In The Indeminar, we demystify indemnities. We’ll look at the key indemnities appearing in contracts about software, including SaaS and other forms of cloud computing.
In this webinar we will address:
- Indemnities: In general, important vocabulary, “mutual” indemnities.
- Intellectual property (IP) indemnities, including typical and troubling exceptions.
- Data incident indemnities.
- Advanced indemnities: The “Cause Problem” - little-known, thorny issues involving losses the indemnitor caused.
- Limits of liability, limit on indemnity obligations.
As usual, your instructor is David Tollen, author of The Tech Contracts Handbook, attorney, UC Berkeley lecturer, expert witness, and sought-after speaker.
Length: c. 1 hr., 30 min. (CA CLE 1.5 hr.)
Recorded September 22, 2022